Kerr Oil Company was founded in 1959 in North Idaho. Through steady growth via competitive acquisitions and new construction, the company now owns and operates 8 ExxonMobil branded retail convenience stores and 1 Bulk Plant in Kootenai County.
1959 – Kerr Oil Company started in Athol when Del Kerr opened his first all service shop in Athol, ID.
1961 – Sold shop in Athol and opened shop in Coeur d’Alene, ID. Kerr Oil still operates this site today.
1969 – Bought Shell distributorship and opened bulk plant in downtown Coeur d’Alene, ID.
1976 – Built the Hayden Jifi Stop on the corner of Highway 95 and Hayden Ave. in Hayden, ID.
1987 – Acquired the 4th Street location and current Bulk Plant in Coeur d’Alene became an Exxon branded wholesaler.
1996 – Purchased the Petro Stop on the SE corner of Appleway and Highway 95 in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
1992 – Built the Post Falls Jifi Stop in Post Falls, ID
2002 – Purchased Sande’s Chevron on the SW corner of Appleway and Highway 95 in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
2009 – Purchased the Korner Market in Rathdrum, ID.
2016 – Built the Prairie Jifi Stop on the corner of Ramsey Rd. and Prairie Ave. in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
Today, Kerr Oil Co. continues operations as a family owned and operated company. Helping serve the community by offering various oil and petroleum products, commercial and residential fuel delivery, and nine convenient locations that you can count on.